A Message from Coach Charlie Morgan, Director of Coaching:
I wanted to share some information that we have learned over the past 24 hours with you as I feel it is important to keep everyone updated on how the Coronavirus is impacting things within All-In FC Snellville. As you can tell from all the reports coming out over the past 48 hours of school closings, athletic events shutting down and the President declaring a “National Emergency”, this needs to be taken seriously. We all have an obligation to do our part, however big or small, to help stem the spread of this virus. This is not an All-In FC Snellville issue, a soccer issue, or just a sports issue, it is a human issue that effects everyone in some capacity.
I have had some communications with Georgia Soccer, Vice President yesterday, here are some thoughts that were shared with me
· The April 30 date is not set in stone. The date was set by the US Soccer Federation, who is our governing body.
· The plan is to continue to monitor as events unfold and if the US Soccer Federation provides different guidelines or directives.
· Beginning this Monday, we (Georgia Soccer) will be having weekly calls with USYSA to access the situation.
· He is planning to have a conference call next week to answer questions and provide updates and future plans. We are working on the logistics
· Melissa Camp, (Select Director) Kostas (commissioner) and I are meeting this weekend to begin putting a contingency plan in place.
· We will be sending out and update probably no later than Monday
I can tell you that the City of Snellville is in discussions as to how they will approach things with regards to their facilities and what impact that will have on our program. There will also be more conversations with Georgia Soccer, US Youth Soccer and United States Soccer Federation on how we need to proceed.
Here are just a few questions that we are working to get some answers too:
· Should we play games and not practice or vice versa
· Should parents be allowed to stay and if so, at what social distance
· Can we rearrange the season to be played at night during the week
Until then, All Practices and Games are canceled. Please understand that this means there can be no organized practices or games until further notice.
I heard this comment from a young lady who’s college basketball career was cut short by the decision to cancel the NCAA National Championship Basketball tournament, “If by canceling the tournament, one person, child or elderly individual does not get Coronavirus then it will be worth it and I will feel like I have done my part” Maybe we can all learn a little from this student-athlete about how we view things from a humanity standpoint It won't be long and we will all be back at the fields watching your kids playing once again.